The EHF Executive Committee has taken a series of decisions regarding the further rundown of the European handball season, concluding that no matches can take place in June and that a number of competitions have to be either postponed or cancelled.
EHF Executive Committee decisions on competition matters:
- The remaining EHF CL matches in the Last 16 and quarter-finals are cancelled. As already announced, the VELUX EHF FINAL4 2020 will take place on 28 and 29 December in Cologne.
- The quarter-finals’ playing dates in June are cancelled. The DELO WOMEN’S EHF FINAL4 is scheduled to take place on 5 and 6 September in Budapest.
- In agreement with the organisers, Füchse Berlin, the MEN’S EHF Cup Finals scheduled for 29 and 30 August are cancelled. The tournament will not be carried out.
- The remaining matches in the Women’s EHF Cup as well as in the Men’s and Women’s Challenge Cup are cancelled.
- Based on the ranking of the Women’s EHF EURO 2018 the following teams have reached the final tournament: France, Russia, Netherlands, Romania, Sweden, Hungary, Montenegro, Germany, Serbia, Spain, Slovenia, Poland, Czech Republic, Croatia.
- Based on the final ranking of the Men’s EHF EURO 2020 the following teams are qualified for the World Championship in Egypt: Slovenia, Germany, Portugal, Sweden, Austria, Hungary, Belarus, Iceland, Czech Republic, France.
- In close coordination with the International Handball Federation, and their approach to the Women’s 18 and Women’s 20 World Championships, the EHF will postpone this summer’s Younger Age Category events.